Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Elder Gage's email 2/23/09

Still no new pictures from Dave. But here is some of his awesome email from yesterday:

"Thank you so much for your love and support. The work is going great here! I'm able to feel the spirit so much more because I'm not continuously worried about troubles with my soa (companion). This last week was sweet because for service we helped with a "umu" and making the food. I learned how to make "palusami" and we chased a chicken and the kid hit it with a rock and then I was able to pluck a chicken for my very first time. It was so cool (his southern folks will be so proud!). Also, lately my Samoan has really been improving and I've been able to talk and joke more with people. It feels so cool! The work is great and I'm loving the work! The food is great and I'm learning to eat like a Samoan!"

We are not sure what "umu" and "palusami" are but we will try to find out and let you know!

No comments: