Tuesday, February 17, 2009

5 more baptisms!!!

The email from our missionary this week was fabulous!!! He had 5 more baptisms! He said it was amazing! It was a family who has waited a long time for it. He said he baptized the father, Taulima, first. After he baptized him he just stood there and hugged Dave for a long time, he was so happy the day had finally come!
Also, Elder Gage was real excited to let us know he got a new comp. His name is Elder Alofa, which means Love in Samoan! He said..."Elder Alofa is a great companion. He is a convert to the church and he is almost 23 yrs old. So I know he is here for the right reasons. I have never felt the spirit this much or felt this good since I've been in Samoa. Elder Alofa is teaching me the right way and it feels so good! Also, he won't speak English to me! He is really patience with me and will slow down and explain things for me in Samoan. My Samoan will really pick up this way! Things are really going great!"
We continue to feel an amazing missionary spirit in our home! It is awesome to be blessed with a missionary serving the Lord! Keep praying for him!

No comments: