Sunday, January 11, 2009

We got a really long email from Dave this week. It was about 1 1/2 pages! But we are still anxiously awaiting his letter because it has a camera card in it. Not just any camera card but THE first camera card from Samoa!! So as soon as we get pix from Samoa we will post them.
Anyway back to his email, he said that it is so cool in Samoa because everyone there treat the elders like kings and everyone invites them in because they all believe that the missionaries are "disciples of Christ"! But everyone is also deeply entrenched in their own religion that they don't see the need to change. Dave said, "it is easy as a missionary to teach the general stuff that everyone else believes but I want to teach those issues, like a modern prophet, that really sets us apart". He has had a few experiences that have shown him that baptizing the world is not as easy as the MTC makes it seem. But he does have 5 baptisms coming up, they are just waiting on birth certificates.
He also said that he "is really going to miss Sili when I get transferred. I'm loving my study of the scriptures, but its hard for me because I love my studying so much, that I end up running out of time to study language".
We love Dave so much for serving the Lord! Keep praying for him!

No comments: